Instituto Miguel de Cervantes in Guanajuato, founded in 1981, offers a language study program for individuals, groups, travellers, professionals, and people of all ages in the heart of colonial Mexico.
Here are some of the unique features attending Instituto Miguel de Cervantes offers:
- You'll pick up a surprising amount of Spanish by spending just two weeks at our school (the average stay length of our students).
- We will find the perfect local family for you so that you can immerse yourself totally in the Spanish language and culture. Or we can provide you with a private apartment right next to the Instituto.
- One-on-one courses are available if you want to pick up even more Spanish.
- Guanajuato is full of culture and history (it was designated a World Heritage site by UNESCO) that will make for a rich and unforgettable trip.
- Guanajuato is just 30 minutes away from LÃ©on International Airport (BJX) which receives direct flights from the US.
- Guanajuato is a safe and friendly city. Guanajuato's unique configuration makes it a naturally safe city, and our students confirm it when they experience it:
"Safer than the town I work in everyday!"
"I felt totally safe - even in the middle of the night. I walked by myself many nights after a night out and felt super safe."
"Guanajuato is such a cute small town that would shatter all the stereotypes of foreigners in terms of safety - no matter what hour of the day or night. I felt perfectly safe at all times!!!!!"
"People were very friendly, except the Post Office lady. But, que sera, sera."
- Contact us for more information!
- Former student John Moir recently wrote this article in Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper about his experience at Instituto Miguel de Cervantes.